The Lord is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26

Thursday, August 20, 2026

Refuge For the Embattled Mind


Yes, it's a pink rose and it looks like springtime but it is such a pretty thing that I wanted to share it with my readers. 

Have you seen this? I think I got it off of Facebook earlier this summer:


I know I'm not alone with these thoughts. But thank God, when we are surrendered to Him, He takes our messes and uses them for our good and His glory. That gives me a lot of peace and it should for you, too.

Here's another noteworthy treasure:

Focus and attitude. We need to reign in our thoughts when they move into the weeds, so to speak. Again, I know I am not alone with this. Life, politics, relationships, health, finances -- and anything else you can come up with -- it all tends to worry us. 

I think the most outrageous idea that's come to our attention of late is that before a decade is past, Artificial Intelligence will obliterate humanity. 

I sincerely doubt that. God is in control and nowhere in the Bible does it say that's going to happen. The evil of humans will bring it all to a decisive end, but not solely by the actions of AI. 

Jesus said, "Let not your heart be troubled...." (John 14:1) Don't let the evening news get you down. Trust in the Lord for your peace, rely on God's excellent character to lead us in paths of righteousness. (Psalm 23:3)

In closing, here is a live beach cam from Amelia Island, Florida (if you're seeing this after dark, well, come back tomorrow!): https://www.seasideameliainn.com/beach-cam/



Until next time, grace and peace!
Barbara



No comments:

Lamentations 3:22-23 (again!)

  Yes, I've posted this before (from a different artist). Some things are worth repeating!