In case you are wondering, yes, you have arrived at my blog with its new header design as well as a different "selfie" in the sidebar. Terri at her blog, Your Friend From Florida, recently changed her header with the help of ChatGPT. It looks so good that I decided to give it a try.
After a couple of what felt like bumbling efforts, I still don't know just exactly how I did it. But with that said, it was pretty easy and I was very surprised with what "they" (AI, I assume) came up with. I only tweaked one detail and decided it would work for me.
My hope and assumption is that this was entirely free. There are opportunities to sign up for discounts and such, so that tells me one can get into paying for it. I have avoided all of that and plan to be satisfied with what I have. I definitely did not give them any $$ information, etc.
This is Wednesday, so I'm responding to Joyce's Hodgepodge questions, which are all about lemons and yellow. If you want to link up your blog with this meme, click on this link:http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com/2026/07/hodgepodge-questions-volume-663.html
1. Do your goals and dreams energize or exhaust you? Elaborate.
Goals and dreams: at my age, the really important ones have been achieved. The Lord has given me so much that I wanted and also used some of life's "hard knocks" to change my desires.
There is a heartwarming TV commercial here in Florida for Publix grocery stores that includes the statement, "Mistakes . . . . were made." I like that. When we own up to our errors, we free ourselves to do better.
As for current goals and dreams, I try to avoid the busyness and preoccupation with things that used to tie me up in knots. My last 5 years have been a very personal, intensive study of human psychology and relationships. My current "goal" or focus is learning how to relate better to people.
If you want to see the commercial, which is short and really cute, click here: Say It With Pie. (Click on the link, not the photo.)
2. July 23rd is national lemon day. Are you a fan of this flavor? What's a favorite dish or beverage you enjoy that calls for lemons?
Lemon Meringue pie and lemon bars are favorites with me. (Hmm. I've not made Lemon Bars in a long time. I should do that!)
3. "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"...is this something you're pretty good at managing? Have you had to do this recently? If so tell us about it.
We do ourselves a service when we make a practice of transforming lemons into lemonade. It's a survival skill. When we come to the realization that life is NOT all about me, sweetness tends to flavor the sour.
While I've tried to have this attitude most of my adult years, the COVID pandemic and all that has transpired with me since then have taught me to be more flexible, more resilient, less critical, and to make the best of what's happened.
With tongue-in-cheek, if I were to claim a superhero for myself, Elasticgirl from the Disney The Incredibles movies would be my choice. Click here to see a brief portrayal of her flexibility and resilience.
4. Something you love that is lemon yellow in color?
5. How would you describe your attention to detail?
It all depends on what the subject is. Some things just aren't that important and "artistic freedom" is allowed. But for what demands accuracy for a correct outcome, I do work hard to get the details right. Bookkeeping is what comes to my mind and that definitely needs attention to detail.
BTW [by the way], that particular task (finances) is not something that needed my close attention until a few years ago because others took care of that for me --- until they didn't. With that said, my attention to detail changed (a lot).
6. Insert your own random thought here.
We tend to handle or respond to life based on how we have been treated and taught. Some manage better than others and there is no doubt that with all of us, "mistakes were made" along the way. (thinking of question #3 above)
A lesson I am learning is that I need to forbear with those who are not navigating well. We are all in process. We need to give space to those who struggle, just as we want for ourselves. None of us get it right every time. But mercy and grace help.
Be ye kind to one another,
forgiving one another,
even as God for Christ's sake
has forgiven you.
Ephesians 4:32
Until next time, grace and peace.
Barbara
Now I think I'll go check my pantry to see if I have what is needed to make those lemon bars!






2 comments:
I love the new look! I'm impressed. :)
I also loved that ad, it was so cute and I agree with admitting that mistakes were made is a good thing.
I'm not a pie person, but lemon meringue pie is a favorite. And I should make lemon bars too!
Publix has THE BEST commercials!! You did great with the new blog banner and I love your new selfie!! Joyce keeps us on our toes each week with her Hodgepodge of questions! I enjoyed your answers. And I love how we both have come through these past nearly six years! God is so good!! xo
Post a Comment