Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Correcting a Mistake and A Fearless Hodgepodge

 

Roxborough State Park near Denver, Colorado

Those of you who are on FaceBook know how photos from our past can pop up with no warning. Then we have the choice to share them or not. Usually I do not, but today's snapshot taken with whatever cell phone I had some ten years ago, is worth posting. 

We hiked this park in the Denver foothills several times over the years when we lived nearby. All creation praises our Creator God, even these giant rocks that point upward. 

*   *   *   *   *
Usually 6-8 days lapse between my posts but another bothersome issue arose with regard to starting up this new blog, so I felt the need to address that problem today. 

After my last post, seven of you left comments but for reasons known only to the Internet, I was not notified and therefore not given the opportunity to approve them and have them published here. I thought I had all the bells and whistles turned on to their necessary settings (my first post on this new blog had no problems) but apparently not.

Anywhooo, as best I can tell that snafu has been repaired and we move on. I hope I've got things set up and arranged correctly now, but if any of you see something that's not working right, please let me know.

Since I'm here on the blog mid-week, I will participate in the Wednesday Hodgepodge, a very popular meme many of you have read (and participated in) over the years. I did for a long time several years ago, but have since been doing my own thing, so to speak. This week I'll make an exception. Here below are the questions and my replies.


1. What motivates you to work hard? .While I'd like to say my love of order, beauty, and practicality, what most especially motivates me to work hard is to avoid embarrassment for a job done poorly. 

2. It's been said, "Ignorance is bliss" ... is it?  .I can attest from personal experience that it was blissful until I realized how much I did not know and how vital it was that I educate myself on certain things or suffer some serious problems.

3. Would you rather be stuck on a broken elevator or a broken ski lift? Explain. Have you ever actually been stuck on either? Of the common fears listed here what's your #1? heights, enclosed spaces, snakes, public speaking, the dark flying .I guess I'd rather be stuck on a ski lift because at least then I could see what efforts were being made to help me. Thankfully, I have not been stuck on either a ski lift or an elevator. Of the common fears listed here, I'm not sure what "dark flying is" but my biggest apprehension is snakes.

4. What's something you like about the town or city where you live?.While we do have an occasional tornado warning in my town, hurricanes with a serious storm surge of water is not a threat in my location of Florida. There are other good things about this town, but if a person is going to live in Florida, my town is one of the better locations with regard to hurricanes.

5. Life is too short to _____ .Uh..... to be really honest here, life is too short to sit at home by myself and be lonely. I'd best leave it at that. 

6. Insert your own random thought here: .For those of us who believe in God and how He responds to prayer, we need to be diligent to ask Him to give our country good leadership.

I thank you for stopping by to read my blog; leave comments if you are able (some readers find that to be a mystifying action, and I understand that).

Until next time, grace and peace.


17 comments:

  1. I for one, very glad you are back to blogging, bugs and all, grin. Yes, where you and I live is probably the best place to be for a hurricane, although, I am assured by my parents, who lost every single tree one year, and the roof and lost power for weeks, we do get 'em. ANYWAYS, so happy to see you. Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. seems many of us don't care for snakes. Good answers and glad you joined in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're back to blogging, and sorry for all the issues you've had. It's nice to see you in the Hodgepodge. We're not in Florida but I've experienced hurricanes in both New Jersey and South Carolina so I guess crazy weather can happen anywhere. Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You haven't done a Hodgepodge in a while, Barb!! Nice to see you here and glad you are getting the newness worked out of the new blog. Still so very sorry you mistakenly deleted your old one!! I am one of the only people so far who would rather be stuck in an elevator than a ski lift. Hmmm. Amen to your prayer!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry some are having difficulty in commenting. So far I have not had any issues with that. I love your posts and always look forward to seeing them and hearing about what you are doing and/or thinking. Your response to #5 is very good. And I will leave it at that as well, but I think I understand where you are coming from. And #6, Oh YES!! We really need to be praying for the leadership of our country right now. Things are really getting much too crazy. I am keeping my eyes on the Eastern Sky and watching and praying for Jesus' soon return... Oh, I am not too sure about preferring a broken ski lift to a broken elevator. It would depend I guess on how high off the ground you are. LOL. And yes, #4...you do live in a wonderful part of our state, and so do we. We are a little further north and more inland than you, and certainly further into the "country", but they each have their good and bad points. Still, I'd rather be here than anywhere south of where you are or anywhere closer to either coast. You are right that we are in a safer zone than most of the rest of the state. Okay, hopefully this will go through okay. Have a blessed and wonderful rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful photo and I love your comment about it pointing to our Creator.
    I've had something strange with my blog lately. I have comment moderation on because strange people like to comment pretty bad things sometime. I'm supposed to be notified of all comments, but for some reason, I'm never notified of certain peoples comments. I have to go to the comment section of the blog to find and approve them. Hope your issues are fixed now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope all your blog issues are corrected and things will work well for you now. Glad your part of Florida sounds safer. Glad you joined up with the Hodgepodge today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Comment to myself -- just running a test here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed your responses to the Hodge Podge, Barbara! I think I would prefer being stuck on a ski lift because at least you can take in the views around you and breathe in fresh air. Hope the comments issue has been taken care of and is working as it should for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for stopping over. I picked the ski lift and snakes also. I have family in Florida. Those hurricanes always scare me along with tornadoes. Actually there is a warning for our area in CA for this weekend. I definitely agree with your random thought.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so happy your town is relatively safe from hurricanes. As for your prayer request, I'll certainly pray, but I doubt we agree on what "good leadership" constitutes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, it appears you have made a nice recovery from the loss of Sweet Tea and Sandals and that's not surprising. You've recovered from a lot these past few years. Enjoyed your answers and wishing you a carefree weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you got the problem fixed with being to approve the replies. Mercy, I get so many that I delete before it publishes. If that changes with blogger then that just be my sign to quit it. Love that picture Barbara. I do love how memories pop up on FB. I most often do not reshare but I love to see it. MEMORIES! I hope that you have a wonderful week. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed your answers. I always love when old photos pop up. Now, I also hope you are motivated to get out of the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really enjoyed your answered. Blessings. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Anniversary Celebration on Jekyll Island

Our two-year anniversary celebration took us to Jekyll Island this week. Here is my album of memories. cover of free visitor guide If you do...