We are told that Wednesday, September 2, is National Grits Day. There seems to be a day for everything. My taste buds read them as "bland." They're not my favorite; but since I am now a "southerner," I do eat them when served. (combined with cheese, they are better)
![]() |
| my most recent Chatgpt project |
Here is my latest project. I asked Chatgpt to picture a woman checking off her To Do List. After viewing their initial drawing, I asked them to change the hair style from long to a bob, change the long-sleeved sweater to a sleeveless top (appropriate for today's hot weather), personalized the items on the "To Do" list, and added a framed photo of my husband with the classic 2002 Ford T-Bird that he purchased the week of our first date.
It's amazing what Chatgpt can do! On the maybe scary side, Chatgpt knew which initial to put on the coffee mug.
💐 💐 💐
Here are Joyce's Hodgepodge questions for this week. Click on the link if you want to join up with your blog.
http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com/2026/08/hodgepodge-questions-volume-669.html
1. What's something you wanted to do this summer that you never got around to doing?
Frankly, nothing. My goal during this summer has been to survive the heat and humidity without a cranky attitude. The feeling of relief every time we entered our home after a bike ride has been a sincere sigh of gratitude for air conditioning.
I look forward to our local weatherman's prediction that (historically) our nighttime low temps tend to slip down into the upper 60s during the first week of September.
![]() |
| remembering the gold Aspen trees in Colorado's autumn Photo by Lars Leber, Colorado Springs |
2. Were you the student who sat in the front row or hid in the back of the class? If you could go back and take one high school class again just for fun, which would it be?
I usually preferred to be in the 2nd or 3rd row. I wanted to be able to see and hear what the teacher was saying but feel maybe less likely to be called on too much if I'm not in the front row. The misbehaving kids tended to sit at the back. I was a well-behaved student and did not want to get caught up in any of their trouble.
What class might I want to re-visit? Glee Club, harmonizing with the altos.
3. What characteristics do you think are essential in a good teacher (this can be applied to anyone who teaches, not just classroom teachers)?
Patience and forbearance, compassion, a good sense of humor, and of course, a thorough understanding and reasonable experience with the subject being taught.
4. September 2nd is National Grits Day. Have you ever eaten grits? Are you a fan? If so how do you like yours? Would people describe you as 'having grit'?
Grits are okay but if given a choice, I prefer hash browns.
Do I have grit? Nope, not in my own strength at least. The recent past has tested my character with just the stuff of life. Any "grit" I may have has been in short supply. I continue to daily thank the Lord for being my help and my strength, and for giving me Gary to help me think straight when I feel overwhelmed.
As you may already know, Gary is my editor and proof-reader. So when he read the above paragraph, he strongly disagreed. He says I don't let people walk all over me and I set goals and achieve them. That's nice.
5. What's something you're never too old or too young to enjoy?
A good clean joke. And ice cream. Let's include ice cream.
![]() |
| All customers at Southern Pig and Cattle get a free ice cream cone with their meals |
6. Insert your own random thought here.




11 comments:
I've never had grits, I probably should try them sometime.
I agree with Gary. When I was reading your answer I thought Barbara - you really do have grit. You've been through a lot and keep going. However, I know it's with the strength of the Lord.
Your Chat GPT is pretty incredible.
Glad you made Gary a treat. :)
I didn't grow up with grits. I've tried them a few times and I think I'm okay without them. Connie's grits were pretty good, though. You have true grit and strength from the Lord! I've used chatgbt several times and for the most part I like the results. Your rice crispy treats look good
I'm sure Gary appreciates you and them.
Suzan
I have never eaten grits before, they are not a thing here in England.
ChatGPT is amazing when it is used right but I do worried when it is used in the wrong way.
I always feel like I can cope with the heat during the day if it is cool on a night and I can sleep properly.
Yum to the Rice Krispy treats!
I do love grits, Barbara, especially the way Danny prepares them. Shrimp and grits is one of his signature meals. So interesting what ChatGPT can do. I need to do more experimenting with its use. Blessings!
I love grits, and yes, it is something --taste/texture thing to get used to. And Rice Krispy treats fix everything, smiles. Wishing you both a beautiful day.
I don't like or eat grits (it is a texture thing) and would definitely give them a pass. Hash browns or home fries all the way! Happy Saturday, Barbara!
There is a restaurant by me that serves garlic parmesan grits that are really good! I rarely eat them though because of the carbs. Rice krispie treats disappear fast in our house too!
Oh my, no matter how old you get, Rice Krispie treats are a TREAT! I'm Southern...as you well know. I sound like I'm speaking another language most of the time with my drawl...but I have never eaten grits! hahaha! Happy holiday my friend from across the way, Diane
Rice Krispie treats are one of my favorite sweets. I like grits but don't have them very often. I think we probably have more grit than we give ourselves credit for. When circumstances arise that call for it most of us dig deep and find it, and like you say, we're not walking through hard things alone if we have Jesus. Have a nice day Barbara!
iI decided to run over and read a few of my favorite blogs this evening. I thought I'd get back to blogging but it doesn't look like I am. :0( Always enjoy Joyce's HP questions and the various answers. As to Chat GPT.......I use it all the time, so much that I now pay because I was using it so much and they only allow you to use it so much in a 24 hr period or pay. I am totally amazed at what it can do and the answers it can give. I hope you and Gary are doing well.
So good to hear from you, Lea! Regarding the free Chatgpt, yes, I've come up against my daily limit a few times! It sure is fun!
Post a Comment